Natural stone isn’t a product everyone is used to handling, and taking care of your investment is important. In general, your natural stone countertop is low maintenance, but there are a few tips we advise you to follow:
- DO clean up spills as soon as possible.
- DO use coasters under glasses, especially if it contains citrus juice, coffee, or alcohol.
- DO place mat under hot cookware.
- DO follow the periodic sealing instructions as per the sealer product label.
- DON’T leave citrus or other acidic liquids on your natural stone for an extended period of time, as this will corode your sealer prematurely.
- DON’T put anything too hot on your natural stone without protection. Although generally heat resistant, don’t risk thermal fracture due to rapid temperature change.
- DON’T drop heavy items on your natural stone. Brittleness is the tradeoff of hardness, and chipping may result from sudden force impacts.
- DON’T cut directly on your natural stone countertop. Your knives will grow dull, and you risk wearing out your sealer prematurely.
- DO call us if you have any questions. We’re more than happy to help!